Moving Internationally generates many exciting opportunities but also can be very stressful. That is where AMS come in handy. We specialize in moving people from one country to another country and we do it with excellence.
International Moving is our passion and we understand we are doing more than transporting your valuable possessions.. we are moving LIVES And that is the reason why we have developed a system that allows to stay steps ahead throughout the moving process.
As we are an Independent family owned business we concentrate on one thing only .. YOUR INTERNATIONAL MOVE.
We will discuss your move plan over the phone so that we can obtain preliminary information for your move that will help us suggest you based on your needs modes of transportation weather you would like to ship your goods by land, by sea or by air.
An In Home Survey is highly recommended if your re moving your valuables overseas. An effective survey will help our client understand the technical details of the move. An experienced surveyor will visit you at your residence or perhaps at a self storage facility where you have
Your goods currently stored in order to discuss your International move in detail. The surveyor will assess the volume / weight accurately. During the survey the client will have the opportunity to Explain the surveyor of his /her special needs or requests. We will also talk about insurance and custom forms required for the destination side of the move A final quote will be sent to the client by email or by fax after a survey has been completed and finalized.
The surveyor will take note of the volume , the best method for shipping ; allowance, access for the vehicles or container and parking restriction. In preparation for the survey please make sure of what you want to take with you and tell the surveyor accordingly. A survey may take between 1 -2 hours depending on the size of your household so please plan accordingly.
Please make sure arrangements have been made to reserve an elevator for the day of the move if you live in an apartment. Keep the things you will be carrying with you on the flight separate from the main consignment. Be particularly careful with passports, air tickets, jewelry , cash etc
Do not take any flammable items such as aerosols, gas cylinders or oil-based paints. Make sure that all your goods are returned to the house before packing. These may include: items sent for cleaning; goods kept at an office (unless we are to collect them from there); things you have lent to friends; etc.
The packing crew will have clear instructions showing them exactly what to do. It is, however, helpful if you show them through the house to confirm the details and any special requirements, before they start. You don't need to be with the crew all the time but please make sure that there is someone on hand to answer questions as much as possible. After packing is complete, please check through the house to make sure that nothing has been left behind.
We pack everything very carefully and use the safest means of transport. Even so, the unexpected can happen sometimes, so it's wise to insure. Don't be tempted to go without insurance.
- Try not to disconnect telephones until at least the day after completion of your move.
- Allow at least one day between the final move date and your departure date as a safety factor in case of unforeseen delays.
- Personal/important documents such as passports, visas, airline tickets, traveler's checks, and legal documents - wills, bank statements, and medical records - should remain with you and safely secured so that these items are not inadvertently packed by the movers.
- Alliance Moving Solutions cannot ship any high valued items, such as, jewelry, furs, or coin collections, and any kind of currency. You must make your own arrangements for the transport of any such items prior to the moving day. Please call us for suggestions.
- Suitcases, garment bags and all other items which you will be hand carrying should be placed out of the way, such as in an emptied closet with the door marked "Do Not Ship."
- Empty, defrost, and clean your refrigerator and freezer at least 48 hours before packing begins. Leave the doors open so that the units can completely dry. Try and disconnect the icemaker at the time of defrosting. Helpful Hint: Put a box of baking soda in your refrigerator to help eliminate odors.
- Beds should be left assembled but stripped of any bed linens.
- Please have dishes in their appropriate cabinets, leaving the countertop space clear for the moving crew on which to work.
- Have a garage sale. Get rid of books that no one will read again, those "someday this might come in handy" articles cluttering your attic. Don't store what you won't need three years from now.
- Dispose of any aerosol sprays, matches, flammable liquids, perishable foods, explosives, ammunition, cleaning fluids, and detergents.
- If you have the original boxes for your electronic items and/or computers, TV please give them to the movers because this will help in packing these items.
- Empty your gas or propane tanks from your stove, barbecue, lawn mower, and any other gas powered items at least one week prior to moving. Helpful Hint: For your safety, go to your nearest gas station to properly dispose of your gas/propane tanks.
- In the event of bad weather, please have driveway or a path cleared for the movers.
- Walk through your home and double check that nothing has been left in the house, garage or attic. Remember to check all cabinets and closets.